Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our response...LOVE

It's day two of our trip from Denver, Colorado to Bethel, Indiana the for start of 16 Days. Looking around Gus the bus right now it's nice to see the dry, sweat-less faces...yesterday was full of sticky skin and damp hair, especially Foster.

The road is part of the journey...even for us leaders. We sit here thinking, praying, dreaming and loving. The trees and corn fields pass by and I can't help but think about leaving your mark. We go along this journey making our way closer to God's heart and as we go, we meet people. We stop and SEE people truly for the child of God they are...and then we LOVE. As disciples, we abandon all things to love...not just from our heart but the heart of God which holds an abundance of love that we cannot even imagine. So as we drive closer I'm thinking to myself, why am I on this journey? Why do I sit here and pray and think and dream about the next 16 days? Because I want to LOVE out of a heart that is bigger than my own. I dream and pray out of expectancy that God is going to take the love that I have and than multiply that beyond what I can imagine. This can only happen if I am falling in love with Him and His heart more and more as I journey.

We drive because of God's love. We journey because we are in love with His heart. As we enter 16 Days...we enter it because we are in love with our God...so in return we cannot help ourselves but love others. THAT is our response...THAT is our passion...THAT is the love of God.

Abandoned Love

Rob Cupp
Kingdom Building Ministries

Direct: 720.213.1827



- The 16 Days Leadership Team

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart Rob...praying for/with you guys!
    Joe Cox

    ReplyDelete